Watch, Like, Share, Subscribe on YouTube: Cat-Cow Yoga Pose
Bitilasana Marjaryasana / Cat Cow Pose comes from Sanskrit script, where Bitila means Cow and Marjari means Cat, asana = posture/pose.
I love this saying: "You are only as young as your spine is flexible." and the great thing is that this elixir it's within reach. Always there for us to tap into it.
Supported at both ends by the arms and thighs, the spine's curve can move freely in both direction, productions the shape changes of flexion and extension.
- place a blanket under knees or double up the mat to protect them
- have the toes tucked or untucked
- whatever feels good
- be mindful about the neck looking up
- gaze in front so your not crunching the neck.
- stimulates the internal organs
- stretch the lower spine, hips, back and core muscles
- they also open the chest and lungs allowing for easier breathing
- practicing the Cat and Cow poses regularly may improve posture and promote a healthy spine
- relieves lower back pain and sciatica
This is again a great posture to tap into everyday. Do a couple of breaths, linking the movement with your own breath. Allow yourself to pause in areas where you most need it.
Enjoy Cat Cow Pose!
Move with Love, C xxx